Friday, December 01, 2006

Splash!

The longer I go without posting on my blog, the more pressure builds. I WANT to write, but I feel like my return ought to carry all the weight of time that has passed between us. And so I wait, not having the topic or passion or most of all time to conpensate sufficiently for my absence. It seems that Novy is my muse, leaving comments at times when my guilt happens to burgeon at the forefront of my overcrazed mind. Once I did respond to her proddings, but lately the time passed has seemed insurmountable.

I have a few friends I keep meaning to get back in contact with, and this is exactly like that. The guilt and the build-up of things to catch-up on continue mount - and yet deep down I know that I'm making too much of it. The time spent worrying is a waste. Meanwhile millions of moments slip past when one small act could have started us all back in the right direction.

So here it is: the action you've been waiting for. A bunch of blah, blah blah about nothing, yes that's what you've been checking this blog for in nail-biting anticipation. As you might expect, there's quite a bit for us all to catch up on, but I'm not going to let that overwhelm me any longer. This post may be all pomp and fluff, but at least it's a start. Stay tuned.

6 Comments:

Blogger JessieE said...

well, sheesh. I wish you'd check my blog. I've been writing, in order not to lose my mind.

1:34 PM  
Blogger Novella said...

YAY ! R - I am so glad to have you back ... It's been a long while ... and I so very dearly miss your posts ... both here, and on rebsox ...

I appreciate you finding the time, making the time ... fill us in ... it'll take time, but you'll do it.

4:22 PM  
Blogger Peter N said...

Plenty of nails left, but having you back posting semi-regularly would be the best treat I could think of during this holiday season. Stay well, and so nice to read a new Rebecca-ism. And plenty of Sox stuff coming up next week...winter meetings. Bye..be happy.

10:55 AM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

Hey Rebonkers, good to see something! I'm not one to talk though... I haven't posted in a while. I'll have to update my blog with the content of my recent vibes. Maybe everyone wants to hear about your boxing day part? If you are still having it...

11:07 AM  
Blogger Peter N said...

The waiting is the hardest part......have a wonderful holiday season...you and your family.

9:43 AM  
Blogger JessieE said...

was it just a tease?

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home