Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Dodging shit-drops

My parents are getting a divorce. My feelings on this may surprise you; I'm not all that broken up about it. I'm hopeful that they will both be happier for it. You see, they want completely different things. My mom doesn't like to do the things my dad likes to do. And my dad doesn't like to do the things my mom likes to do. And as a result, they don't seem to like each other very much either. They don't fight, as far as I've seen... they're more the passive-aggressive types. Guess that's where I get it.

The real bummer is I'm going to have to move "as soon as possible." Serves me right, I suppose, for living rent-free with my folks for the past couple of years. I was hoping to take some night classes this fall, but I guess that's not going to happen. Not only will I not have the funds, but I also won't be able to stay in a consistant place. In other words, I won't be getting an apartment... at least anytime soon. Because you see, I HATE Connecticut, and the only reason I live here at all is um, the superb deal I've been getting. Fairfield County is just not me. For many reasons, not the least of which is the fact that the people here are egotistical snobs with more money than they know what to do with, and a freakish unwillingness to part with it if they can see you are actually working for it. In other words, if you are sitting in an office, filing your nails and surfing the web, go ahead and bill out thousands of dollars for five minutes of work... But, if you are actually getting your hands dirty and breaking out a sweat, they will bitch and complain, treat you like trash, and try to jew every last cent off the bill that they can. But I digress...

Anyway, I have work I need to do around here, and I also have a little to do in NH and can easily round up more. I am hesitant to actually MOVE, as it's likely I'll have to do so again in less than a year, making a lease seem rather imprudent. I could become the traveling faux girl for awhile... but there are a few things that would make this difficult - my computer, which is digracefully large and inconveniently made for an actual desk, and my two cats, oh and yeah I really like having a home. The thought of having my stuff scattered, boxed up and inaccessible makes me want to cry. So I've got some things to figure out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home