Thursday, January 26, 2006

Wow. That Really Worked!

I should tell you all that one of my dearest and most loyal readers has already purchased for me a SET of egg cups. It's totally sweet of her to send them to me as a house-warming gift, and as long as she realizes that they will not in any way influence me to go back to her brother ::wink:: (oh yes, I'm sure she knows this), I will happily accept them.

I had no idea it was that easy to get people to buy stuff for me. Stay tuned for more suggestions.

In other news, I found a pack of cigarettes in one of my cabinets just now. It felt more than half full (I didn't check) when I picked it up and threw it in the trash can. without hesitation. and then the lighter that was with it, simply by association. I guess it's really true that it's all about wanting to quit. As soon as I realized and accepted that the only way I would be able to quit is by never having another drag of a cigarette (ever) again, and came to terms with that, it was like a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. I struggled with the concept of it for years, I struggled with the execution of it for months... And just like that ::snap:: it became SO EASY. I've been positively giddy with happiness about it all week. My lungs have been hurting these last few days because they are actually coming back to life. It's so nice to give them fresh air again. I feel like a new woman.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home